This program will target young women between 14-16 living in Mount Druitt and surrounding suburbs who are experiencing family breakdown, have exhibited anti-social behaviour or are at risk of being engaged by the juvenile justice system. Participants will be identified through MECA’s partnerships with local schools and community groups. These young women will be provided with education and mentoring that focuses on the development of social and emotional literacy by enhancing the key social and emotional skills of these young women ‘at-risk’.
The participant’s program will run for a duration of nine weeks, with one topic covered each week. There will also be a follow up and reinforcement session held the in the term following the completion of the program. The program will follow the schedule outlined below:
- Positive thinking and strengths
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Resilience and assertiveness
- Effective communication and active listening
- Conflict resolution and solution focused thinking
- Positive power in relationships
- Relaxation and stress management
- Goal setting and career paths
- Wrap up, review and celebration of completion
How to Register
Time & Commencement date
To be Announced. Register your interest to be notified.